Friday, January 29, 2010

I want one...but don't tell anyone!

So there's this new invention of Apple. Maybe you've heard about it. It's called an iPad. *insert giggles and jokes about iTampon here*
A combination of a smartphone and a laptop.
I want one!!
I love the idea of a computer that is completely touchscreen and I've been anticipating it with every new innovation they've released. Something about touchscreen has always been so appealing to me. Even when I was little, I can remember seeing touchscreens and resisting the urge to just go and, well, touch it (don't take that in a dirty way).
My current job uses a touchscreen program and I love it (I know, I'm easily amused. I just realized how creepy this all seems...).
Don't get me wrong, it's not the only thing that I like about it. It might be what I like the most, but it's not the only thing.
First of all, I love Macs. I don't have one at home, but I love when the opportunity comes up to use one. Don't ask me why, I just find them easy to use and I love the technology of them. I feel smart :) (haha).
Second of all, by the looks of it, it can get a job done. So many fancy little features, yet all the classics you need. I still don't know a whole lot about it, but I want to know.
Now here's the problem. I'm clumsy and have a curse when it comes to possessions. Hard as I try to protect them and keep them out of harms way, I often fail. I'm constantly staining brand new clothes and losing jewelery. So what happens when I get my lovely new iPad and put a big scratch on the screen as I'm taking it out of the box?
I guess it's something that will just have to wait. When I can hold something in my hands and not drop it, then I'll consider it. Until then, I'll just admire it from a far and creepily poke it.
I want one!!
Every time I tell someone, they give me a funny look. So until it's cool and everyone else has one...don't tell anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment