Monday, September 14, 2009

How To Annoy Yourself.

There are two small pet peeves of mine that I am about to annoy myself with.
First of all, it bugs me when people gossip about something that everyone else is gossiping about as if they heard it first. It also bugs me when people strongly share an opinion about something as if it were some sort of amazing, life altering epiphany that no one else has come to the realization of and expressed. Both of these become even more bothersome when they are applied to celebrity gossip. I'm sure I'm not the only one that resists the urge to roll their eyes in at this kind of thing. Here I go anyways...
Anyways, did you hear about the whole controversy with Kanye West, Taylor Swift and Beyonce last night?! I could go on and on and on with the "how dare he"s and "what an jerk"s but instead I think Beyonce should get the attention. The number one word to describe her in the whole situation is "class." If you didn't like her before, how can you not, at the very least, respect her now? For all I know this was all a set up (and knowing the celebrity world, there's always a chance), but if it was not, than that is pretty much one of the nicest things I have ever seen anyone do. While Kanye pulled another "stir the pot" stunt, Beyonce came to the rescue and made him just look like a jerk (as if he didn't do that on his own). It reminds me of an ad to stop bullying, where some kids are making fun of a small kid with red hair and an even older, more intimidating kid dyes his hair red to make a point to the bullys. It's not quite the same but right idea. I also think that Taylor Swift was very brave for coming out and finishing her speech, despite being insulted and humiliated in front of what I'm sure was millions of people.
So now that I have talked about a couple of big celebrities like they were my close personal friends, I'm going to drop it before I make my own eyes roll right out of my head. Hopefully next time, I'll have something a little more educational to say.

1 comment: